The PDP GOVERNORS’ FORUM met in Ibadan, Oyo State on Monday, 17th Could 2021, additional reviewed the State of the nation, notably, sensible subsequent steps to take to advance the dialog on the worsening safety state of affairs and collapsing economic system of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. On the finish of the one-day consultative assembly, the Discussion board, issued the next Communique.
1. The assembly known as on Mr President because the Chief Government Officer of Nigeria and Commander in Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces to instantly ship an Government Invoice to the Nationwide Meeting to amend the Nigerian Structure to devolve extra powers to the States with respect to safety preparations culminating in some type of State Policing and the overall safety structure.
2. Within the interim, Mr President ought to summon a right away assembly of the Nigerian Police Council, which includes Mr President and all State Governors and different important stakeholders to evolve and implement methods to fight the current threats to our union, particularly with respect to policing. The assembly agreed that the Police Pressure nonetheless stays the suitable establishment to safe our democracy and shouldn’t be subjected to private assaults. The welfare, coaching, tools, funding of all safety businesses needs to be given precedence.
3. The assembly helps the sooner place taken by the Nigeria Governors Discussion board, Northern Governors Discussion board and lately by the Southern Governors Discussion board to undertake ranching as essentially the most viable resolution to the herders / farmers clashes in Nigeria; the restructuring of the Nigerian federation to devolve extra powers and features to the States; and reform of assorted civil establishments to attain effectivity and fairness for all sections of Nigeria.
4. The assembly enjoins all Nigerians to work collectively to attain peace and concord with each other, devoid of discrimination primarily based on ethnicity, faith and different cleavages. To this finish, the assembly known as on the incompetent and rudderless APC Authorities to take daring and deliberate steps to de-escalate and decrease tensions in our nation, and focus on initiatives and insurance policies that may improve and promote nationwide unity and cohesion.
5. The assembly re-iterated our earlier name for the Nationwide Meeting to expedite motion on the passage of the Electoral Act that may guarantee a free and truthful election, together with provisions for digital accreditation and digital transmission of votes.
6. The assembly thanked the Host Governor, His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State for being a gracious and fantastic host, and congratulated him for the various landmark developmental initiatives he has executed, and urged him to proceed to work with all stakeholders within the South West Zone to make sure that PDP takes over majority of the States within the Zone.
In attendance are:
Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, CFR – Sokoto State – Chairman
Gov. Udom Emmanuel – Akwa Ibom State – Member
Gov. Sen. Douye Diri – Bayelsa State – Member
Gov. Samuel Ortom -Benue State -Member
Gov. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa – Delta State – Member
Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Enugu State – Member
Gov. Nyesom Wike, CON – Rivers State – Member
Gov. Engr. Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde – Oyo State – Member
Gov. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri -Adamawa State -Member
Gov. Godwin Obaseki – Edo State -Member
Gov. Bala Mohammed -Bauchi State – Member
Deputy Gov. Mahdi Mohd -Zamfara State -Deputy Governor
RT. HON. AMINU WAZIRI TAMBUWAL, CFR
Chairman, PDP Governors’ Discussion board