By DAVID BAUDER, AP Media Author
NEW YORK (AP) — Worldwide viewership of Oprah Winfrey’s interview with British royals Prince Harry and Meghan is as much as practically 50 million individuals — and counting — as CBS rapidly scheduled a Friday evening rerun for anybody who missed it the primary time.
The estimate of 49.1 million viewers in 17 nations is bound to rise. Not the entire scores are in, and CBS licensed the interview to air in additional than 80 territories, the community mentioned.
In america, the interview was seen by 17.Eight million individuals on CBS, the Nielsen firm mentioned. It aired an evening later in Britain, the place ITV mentioned it had 13.Three million viewers, an enormous quantity for a smaller nation.
CBS mentioned the interview will likely be proven once more Friday, from Eight to 10 p.m.
It was nonetheless a subject of dialog on Tuesday. In Britain, former CNN character Piers Morgan give up the “Good Morning, Britain” program following a furor over feedback he made criticizing the Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. He was dressed down by the present’s climate forecaster and stormed off the set.
Winfrey’s speak was the uncommon interview to exceed the hype. CBS had initially put aside 90 minutes for the printed however, after the interview truly came about, bumped it as much as two hours.
The success is prone to have reverberations for the trade, maybe most instantly bolstering broadcast tv’s case that it’s nonetheless a potent power for exhibiting large occasions.
It may additionally have networks searching for extra big-name interviews. They was a staple of prime-time broadcast tv, however are seen a lot much less continuously now. A number of the large names that used to chase such interviews, like Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters, have stepped away from the enterprise.
Powered by Winfrey and royals, CBS received the week with a median of 6 million viewers in prime time. ABC had 3.5 million, NBC had 3.2 million, Fox had 2.5 million, Univision had 1.Three million, Ion Tv had 1.1 million and Telemundo had 1 million.
Fox Information Channel led the cable networks, averaging 2.37 million viewers in prime time. MSNBC had 1.88 million, TNT had 1.41 million, CNN had 1.25 million and HGTV had 1.11 million.
ABC’s “World Information Tonight” received the night information scores race with a median of 9.Three million viewers. NBC’s “Nightly Information” had 7.5 million and the “CBS Night Information” had 5.5 million.
For the week of March 1-7, the highest 20 applications, their networks and viewerships:
1. “Oprah with Meghan & Harry,” CBS, 17.81 million.
2. “60 Minutes,” CBS, 10.04 million.
3. “NCIS,” CBS, 9.61 million.
4. “The Voice” (Monday), NBC, 7.9 million.
5. “Younger Sheldon,” CBS, 7.71 million.
6. “FBI,” CBS, 7.37 million.
7. “911,” Fox, 6.41 million.
8. “The Voice” (Tuesday), NBC, 6.36 million.
9. “Blue Bloods,” CBS, 6.Three million.
10. “Equalizer,” CBS, 5.87 million.
11. “FBI: Most Needed,” CBS, 5.74 million.
12. “Superstar Wheel of Fortune,” ABC, 5.72 million.
13. “Magnum, P.I.,” CBS, 5.63 million.
14. “America’s Funniest House Movies,” ABC, 5.59 million.
15. “911: Lone Star,” Fox, 5.34 million.
16. “American Idol,” ABC, 5.29 million.
17. “Mother,” CBS, 5.28 million.
18. “B Optimistic,” CBS, 5.07 million.
19. “The Bachelor,” ABC, 4.74 million.
20. NBA Basketball: NBA All-Star Recreation, TNT, 4.67 million.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This materials might not be printed, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.