Harrisburg, PA – Schooling and outreach workers from the Pennsylvania Division of Banking and Securities (DoBS) will likely be internet hosting and collaborating in quite a few digital displays for teams of senior residents, service suppliers, and the general public all through the month of April to advertise monetary functionality as a part of Governor Tom Wolf’s Consumer Financial Protection Initiative.
All April outreach occasions will likely be held nearly and in partnership with the listed organizations. The occasions are open to the general public until in any other case famous.
Digital Occasions For Normal Audiences
Midweek Cash Issues – a digital sequence protecting quite a lot of monetary matters – will likely be offered on:
Cash Administration and Budgeting
April 6 from 6:00 PM to six:30 PM
April 7 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Understanding the True Price of Credit score
April 13 from 6:00 PM to six:30 PM
April 14 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Prime 10 Methods to Educate Youngsters to Save
April 20 from 6:00 PM to six:30 PM
April 21 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
First Time House Consumers: The place to Begin
April 27 from 6:00 PM to six:30 PM
April 28 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Cybersecurity – Conserving Your self Secure On-line – This presentation – protecting using secured web sites, robust passwords, procuring safely on-line, and utilizing social media as safely as doable – will likely be offered:
- PA CareerLink (Bucks County) on April 7 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Open to members of the networking membership.
- Cleve J. Fredricksen Library (Cumberland County) on April 13 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. For extra info and participation contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Outreach workers will maintain two workshops for the Pike County Workforce Growth Company. Banking Fundamentals will likely be offered on April 7 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM and Avoiding Scams and ID Theft will likely be offered on April 21 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. For extra info and to take part contact: Cynthia DeFebo, Director, Pike County Workforce Growth Company at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-296-2909.
Digital Occasions For Senior Residents
Avoiding Scams and ID Theft – This presentation – methods folks’s identities are stolen or compromised, what you are able to do for those who discover your id stolen, and learn how to cease theft from occurring – will likely be offered:
- Backyard Spot Village (Lancaster County) on April 5 from 2:00 PM to three:00 PM. Open to residents.
- Pathways Institute for Lifelong Studying (Cumberland County) on April 6 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. For extra info Contact: Sharon Blouch, Pathways Coordinator: 717-591-7213 ext. 2 or email@example.com.
Spending Plans – A Highway to Monetary Success – This presentation focuses on the necessity for a spending plan to attain monetary objectives. We focus on desires and desires; setting SMART objectives; making a spending plan; placing the plan into motion; in addition to periodically reviewing objectives and spending plans with the intention to guarantee which you could keep on monitor. Will probably be offered to Senior Neighborhood Providers (Delaware County) on April 21 from 2:00 PM to three:00 PM. For extra info contact John Federico at: JFederico@scs-delco.org.
Cybersecurity – This presentation will likely be provided:
- New Horizon Senior Heart (Montgomery County) on April 13 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. For extra info and to take part contact: Judy Ringold, Program Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In partnership with the APPRISE program, the next Butler County senior facilities will host this presentation. Contact Brittany Gilfillan at: 724-282-3008.
- South Finish Senior Heart on April 15 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Chicora Senior Heart on April 19 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Butler Senior Heart on April 20 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Cranberry Senior Heart on April 23 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Mt. Chestnut Senior Heart on April 26 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Evans Metropolis Senior Heart on April 27 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
ScamJam will likely be offered to residents of Normandy Farms Estates, Blue Bell Place, and Dawn Dwelling (Montgomery County) on April 29 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM and can function outreach workers in addition to representatives from Whitpain Police Division and the Montgomery County District Lawyer’s workplace. Residents are inspired to register with their respective retirement neighborhood.
Digital Occasions for Organizations and Service Suppliers
Save and Make investments PA – an introduction to saving and investing for younger adults that covers the subject of the significance of saving and investing, the variations between saving and investing, sorts of investments, compound curiosity, investigating earlier than you make investments, expertise and investing, and diversification – will likely be offered to college students at Penn State Abington (Montgomery County) on April 8 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Open to college students.
Avoiding Scams and ID Theft will likely be offered to:
- Monroeville Space Chamber of Commerce (Allegheny County) on April 14 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Open to Chamber members.
- Perry County Chamber of Commerce (Perry County) on April 8 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Open to Chamber members.
Cybersecurity – Conserving Your self Secure On-line – will likely be offered to Downingtown-Thorndale Regional Chamber of Commerce (Chester County) on April 20 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Open to Chamber members.
Working with DOBS – serving to members perceive the division, the companies it regulates, and the way folks can work with outreach workers and Client Providers crew – will likely be offered to:
- Jefferson County Space Company on Getting old on April 8 from 2:00 PM to three:00 PM.
- Philadelphia Senior Heart on April 29 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
DoBS Investor Schooling and Client Outreach workers work with state and native authorities businesses, service suppliers, neighborhood and commerce organizations, the Normal Meeting, the navy neighborhood, colleges, and different companions to assist Pennsylvanians throughout the commonwealth develop into well-informed in regards to the monetary market.
Study extra in regards to the free programs and presentations available or contact DoBS to request a program tailored to your specific needs.
Go to the division’s calendar of occasions to find an event near you. Shoppers and neighborhood teams can name 1-800-PA-BANKS or e-mail email@example.com for extra info. To study extra in regards to the Client Monetary Safety Initiative, observe the division on Twitter and Facebook.
MEDIA CONTACT: Virginia Lucy – 717.214.6036, DoBSComm@PA.gov
# # #