LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) – Lexington has reached 15,000 whole instances of COVID-19.
The Lexington-Fayette County Well being Division reported 237 new COVID-19 instances in its report for Friday. That’s the fourth highest single-day enhance to date.
Three new deaths had been additionally reported.
The brand new instances deliver the full variety of instances in Lexington for the reason that starting of the pandemic to precisely 15,000. The dying is toll at 112.
Lexington’s prime 10 largest one-day case will increase are actually all in November. The town’s highest one-day totals thus far have been:
- 265 instances, Nov. 14
- 255 instances, Nov. 11
- 245 instances, Nov. 16
- 237 instances, Nov. 21
- 236 instances, Nov. 7
- 212 instances, Nov. 19
- 196 instances, Nov. 17
- 195 instances, Nov. 15
- 189 instances, Nov. 12
- 187 instances Nov. 14
The state’s COVID-19 map nonetheless exhibits Fayette County within the purple zone with 61.1 instances per 100,000 inhabitants. Pink zone counties are these with 25 or extra common every day instances per 100,000 individuals.
The well being division stated the present spike carefully aligns with exposures from the weekend of Halloween.
Wednesday, Gov. Beshear announced several more restrictions to assist cease the unfold of the virus within the commonwealth. These embody:
- Limiting non-public gatherings to your family and one different, eight individuals max.
- Capping attendance at venues for occasions like weddings and funerals.
- Closing restaurants and bars to indoor dining with supply, to-go and out of doors service solely.
- One-third capability limits for gyms, swimming pools and health facilities. That features no indoor practices for sports activities groups.
- Skilled providers and enterprise workplaces ought to permit staff to do business from home.
- And stopping in-person learning at public and private schools.
Well being officers say you can too assist sluggish the unfold of COVID-19 by following these public well being pointers:
- Wash your fingers typically
- Keep away from shut contact with others
- Put on a material face-covering in public
- Keep house when you have signs.
There are nonetheless multiple free testing sites in the City of Lexington. The well being division desires individuals to know in the event that they aren’t in a position to go away their home, however they want a COVID take a look at, they’ll name the well being division to have a take a look at delivered to them.
The numbers come after a document breaking single-day whole statewide. 3,825 new cases were reported Friday. The state’s whole variety of instances is 152,206. The dying toll is 1,762 and the state’s positivity fee is 9.15 %.
Copyright 2020 WKYT. All rights reserved.