October 17, 2020
Completely satisfied 10th Worldwide Archaeology Day! Whereas the IAD 10th Anniversary celebration didn’t come collectively because the community-centered occasions which have come to be the centerpiece of IAD, the attain of the AIA and its collaborators has expanded tremendously as a whole lot of 1000’s of members have been in a position to have a good time on digital platforms. View a list of events coming up today and later this month on the IAD calendar.
Highlights from the AIA this yr embrace:
- An early launch of the Build Your Own Monument contest to interact archaeological fans quarantining through the pandemic
- Sixteen online listening sessions for IAD Collaborating Organizations to advertise networking and help archaeology, historical past, heritage, cultural useful resource, parks, and museum professionals as they struggled with unprecedented challenges for presenting public programming
- A collaboration with the Veterans Curation Program to spotlight a every day artifact from the collections of the U.S. Military Corps of Engineers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram within the 5 weeks main as much as Worldwide Archaeology Day
- 4 Tweetathons that raised consciousness about Worldwide Archaeology Day and the sphere of archaeology
- Q&A Sessions with archaeologists by Skype a Scientist
- An ArchaeoDoodles contest to assist illustrate the AIA’s Glossary of archaeological phrases
Within the subsequent ten years of Worldwide Archaeology Day we’re trying ahead to each increasing our digital choices in addition to returning to group centered in-person occasions.