ATLANTA – Household and buddies remembered the person killed in a hearth Thanksgiving night time in Southwest Atlanta.
Joseph Arrington, 83, died when his dwelling caught on fireplace Thursday night time.
“He would say to me ‘Joe you recognize I’m not going to be right here eternally’ however I simply didn’t know Thursday was going to be the top of it,” Son Joseph Arrington II stated.
It’s been robust for the household of Joseph Arrington.
“He was so energetic. He was so energetic,” Household Member Johnny Mims stated.
Dr. Joseph Arrington died after his dwelling on Veltre Circle, off Cascade Street in southwest Atlanta, caught on fireplace Thanksgiving night time.
The 83-year-old wasn’t capable of make it out.
Investigators are nonetheless wanting into what triggered the hearth.
Relations imagine it began within the kitchen.
“He favored sitting on the porch studying the paper each morning. Should you would drive by you’d catch him on the porch simply studying the paper,” Grandson Kwonbie Bernard stated.
“When my uncle grew to become the president of [the] metropolis council no person grew to become the most important cheerleader for him like my dad,” Arrington stated.
Arrington is the brother of Former Atlanta Metropolis Council President Marvin Arrington Senior and retired Fulton Superior Courtroom Decide.
His nephew, Marvin Arrington Jr., is the vice-chair for Fulton County’s board of commissioners.
Download the FOX 5 Atlanta app for breaking information and climate alerts.