Necessary Trip-in-Place Requirement is Changed by COVID-19 Well being Insurance coverage, Monitoring Procedures, and On-Island Speedy Testing for These Staying Longer Than 5 Days
NASSAU, Bahamas, Oct. 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — The Islands of The Bahamas right this moment introduced streamlined entry protocols that can allow guests to higher and extra seamlessly take pleasure in The Bahamas trip expertise.
Efficient 1 November 2020, The Bahamas would require all vacationers to:
- Acquire a COVID-19 RT PCR take a look at 5 (5) days previous to arrival.
- Apply for a Bahamas Well being Journey Visa at journey.gov.bs
- At some stage in the go to, full a each day on-line well being questionnaire for symptom monitoring functions.
- Take a COVID-19 Speedy Antigen Take a look at on Day 5 of the go to (except departing on day 5).
- All the time put on a masks and all the time social distance in public locations.
As well as, starting 14 November 2020, all guests will probably be required to opt-in to necessary COVID-19 health insurance when making use of for his or her Well being Journey Visa. The insurance coverage will cowl travellers all through their keep in The Bahamas.
Specifics of the brand new protocols are as follows:
Previous to Journey:
1. COVID-19 RT-PCR Take a look at
- All individuals travelling to The Bahamas should acquire a destructive COVID-19 RT-PCR (swab) take a look at taken not more than 5 (5) days previous to the date of arrival.
- The title and handle of the lab, the place the take a look at was carried out, have to be clearly displayed on the take a look at outcome.
- Youngsters age ten (10) and underneath.
- Pilots and crew of business airways who stay in a single day in The Bahamas.
2. Bahamas Well being Journey Visa
- As soon as in possession of a destructive COVID-19 RT-PCR take a look at outcome, apply for a Bahamas Well being Journey Visa at TRAVEL.GOV.BS
- Click on on the Worldwide Tab and add take a look at outcomes and different required paperwork.
- Charges for The Bahamas Well being Journey Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Speedy Antigen Take a look at and necessary medical insurance, are as follows:
- $40 – Guests staying as much as 4 nights and 5 days.
- $40 – Residents and returning residents.
- $60 – Guests staying greater than 4 nights.
- Free – Youngsters 10 years and underneath
1. Adjust to Monitoring Protocols:
- Any customer who displays COVID signs at any time throughout their keep will probably be required to take a Speedy Antigen Take a look at and obtain a destructive outcome earlier than being permitted to proceed with their trip.
- If an individual exams constructive they are going to be required to comply with up with a COVID-19 RT-PCR swab take a look at.
2. Speedy COVID-19 Antigen Testing (if relevant):
- All individuals who’re staying in The Bahamas longer than 4 nights/5 days will probably be required to take a speedy COVID-19 antigen take a look at.
- All guests departing on or earlier than 5 days will not be required to acquire this take a look at.
- The speedy exams are simple, fast and can yield ends in 60 minutes or much less with outcomes being supplied electronically by way of SMS textual content message and e-mail.
- Lodge properties will present related info on testing preparations, whereas others will facilitate the required speedy take a look at for his or her friends.
- All individuals on yachts and different pleasure craft will be capable to make preparations for his or her required speedy exams on the port of entry or by way of the related web site.
- All different guests, returning residents and residents will be capable to make preparations for his or her required speedy exams on the port of entry or by way of the related web site.
However any well being restrictions that could be carried out occasionally, all vacationers abiding by these new protocols will probably be permitted to maneuver about and discover the wonder and vibrant tradition of The Bahamas past the confines of their lodge or different lodging.
The Bahamas is an archipelago with greater than 700 islands and cays, unfold over 100,000 sq. miles, which implies situations and situations of the virus might be totally different on every of the 16 islands accessible to welcome guests. Vacationers ought to verify the standing of their island vacation spot earlier than travelling by visiting Bahamas.com/travelupdates, the place they’ll additionally assessment entry necessities relevant to every member of their get together earlier than reserving a visit.
The Bahamas has remained diligent in its efforts to attenuate the unfold of COVID-19 all through the islands, and these measures are crucial to make sure that stays the case. The well being and wellbeing of each residents and guests stay the primary precedence of public well being officers. It is very important observe, nevertheless, that as a consequence of fluidity of the COVID-19 scenario, each in The Bahamas and worldwide, protocols are topic to alter.
Common Supervisor, World Communications
Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation
SOURCE Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation