Beginning Monday, guests will likely be requested to get examined for COVID-19 with 72 hours of touring to D.C. Guests shouldn’t journey to the district if their check is constructive or if they’re a detailed contact of a confirmed constructive case.
Guests to D.C. for greater than three days are additionally requested to get an extra check within the district inside three to 5 days of arrival.
Mayor Bowser made the announcement at a press convention Thursday the place she made clear public metropolis officers wouldn’t be checking guests for destructive exams. Nevertheless, Mayor Bowser says personal establishments, reminiscent of universities, inns, hospitals, homes of worship and different personal congregate services are allowed to ask guests about their latest journey and will require a file of a destructive COVID-19 check earlier than coming into their services.
There are a number of exemptions to the brand new restrictions which embody:
– Guests from Maryland and Virginia
– Individuals coming to D.C. for important work (a primary check remains to be required, however these employees might perform their duties previous to receiving the outcomes of their second check within the district so long as they don’t have signs or weren’t a detailed contact of a constructive case throughout the final 14 days)
– Guests coming to D.C. for lower than 24 hours
– Individuals touring to D.C. for a household emergency or funeral (a destructive check isn’t required if acquiring one can be impractical, however they have to limit their actions to these associated to their emergency)
D.C. residents returning to the district after touring to anywhere apart from Maryland, Virginia or a low-risk state or nation should both:
– Restrict every day actions and self-monitor for 14 days upon their return
– Restrict every day actions till they get examined for COVID-19 and return a destructive outcome
Mayor Bowser additionally introduced that at-home COVID-19 exams are actually obtainable via Labcorp. D.C. residents will pay for a check, use insurance coverage or make the most of federal funds to cowl the price of the check. Extra info on at-home exams could be discovered here.